Position: Senior Lecturer
Faculty or Division: School of Life Science
Department: Biotechnology & Biomedical Science
Campus : Undergraduate Facility
Academic Background :
- PhD in Bio Molecular Sciences, Centre for Integrative Biology, University of Trento (Italy)
- MSc in Biotechnology, University of East Anglia (UK)
- PGDM, Annamalai University (India)
- BBA, Annamalai University (India)
- BSc in Biotechnology, University of Madras (India)
Teaching Interests : Molecular Biology and Genetics
Knowledge Areas : RNA biology, Molecular therapy and Genetics
- In Europe short stay grant from International Brain research organisation (IBRO) for internship and research project at University College London (UCL), UK.
- PhD fellowship at the Laboratory of RNA Biology and Biotechnolgy, Centre for Integrative Biology (CiBio), University of Trento (XXIV cycle) Italy.
- Faculty of science International fund award for Post- graduate programme in Biotechnology for a sustainable future. University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK.
- Best PhD student award (2012-2013), University of Trento, Italy
- Best Academic performance (2005-2008), Hindustan College of Arts and Science, India.
- Best Outgoing student award (2007-2008), Hindustan College of Arts and Science, India.
Research and Publication
Siva Kavitha, Michela A. Denti “An siRNA mediated regulation of Exon 10 in FTDP-17 ”. EU patent number TO2015A000185.
1. Francesca Fontana*, Siva Kavitha*, Michela A. Denti .A global network in Fronto Temporal Dementia: -an RNA perspective. Frontiers in Molecular Neuroscience. (2015)(*Co-authorship). 8: 9. doi:10.3389/fnmol.2015.00009.
2. Siva Kavitha*, Covello Giuseppina*, Michela A. Denti. Antisense oligonucleotides for Exon Skipping in Neurogenetic Diseases. Nucleic acid therapeutics (2014). 24(1): 69–86.doi: 10.1089/nat.2013.0461.
3. Covello Giuseppina, Siva Kavitha, Michela A.Denti. An electroporation protocol for efficient DNA transfection in PC12 cells. Cytotechnology. (2013). 66(4): 543–553. doi: 10.1007/s10616-013-9608-9.