Diploma in Food Safety Management (QCF) has been accredited by the regulators of England and Wales (Ofqual and the Welsh Government) and is part of the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). It is supported by Improve, the Sector Skills Council for the food and drink manufacturing industry or Catering or Retail.
This a qualification aimed at managers working in a food or drink manufacturing environment. The qualification is intended for learners already working in manufacturing, or those who are preparing to work in the industry, and whose job requires them to have some responsibility for food safety. Learners are likely to have management responsibilities for an operational team. This qualification covers the subject of food hygiene at a suitable depth to ensure learners have a thorough knowledge of hazards and controls; the focus is on the importance of developing, implementing and monitoring food safety procedures. Its topics are regarded by the Foods Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
- Introduction to food safety & contamination
- Foodborne illness
- Food handlers & personal hygiene
- Training & education
- Food hazards and controls from purchase to dispatch
- The design construction, cleaning & disinfection and pest control of food premises and equipment
- Food safety management, ISO 22000 and HACCP
- The role of the manager
- Food safety legislation and enforcement
- Microbiological & biochemical analysis and reporting.
MODE OF DELIVERY : Theory and Practical Internship
- Eligibility: Professionals
- Classes on: Saturdays and Sundays
- Duration: 6 months
- No Registration fee required